I’m an information architect who loves to make sense of messes.
I have traveled the world to practice and speak about information architecture and I love teaching people how to use information architecture to make sense of messes so much, I wrote a book about it.
I have held positions as an in-house information architect, as well as worked for clients in consulting and agency settings. I have a set of diverse case studies explaining my impact and have developed a set of simple information architecture tools based on my own process, some of which end up on my Etsy Shop.
I believe information architecture has the power to make the world a clearer place.
I am an active organizer and mentor within the information architecture community. Here are some of the roles I have been proud to serve the community through:
- President of the IA Institute from 2014–2016
- Co-chair of the IA Summit in 2014
- Executive Producer of the IDEA 2009 & 2010
- Executive Producer of the IA Summit 2010 & 2012.
- Founding faculty member of SVA’s Products of Design
- Founding member of the Design Operations Summit and Advancing Research Conference by Rosenfeld Media
One of my most proud career achievements is being the inventor of World Information Architecture Day, a free global celebration of IA held in 50+ locations serving thousands in their local communities annually.
World Information Architecture Day was created to grow local leaders, giving anyone a chance to bring IA community togetherness to their hometown. It’s always my favorite day of the year, maybe it’s yours too?
I live in Melbourne, FL, in a tiny jungle with my husband, son and pup.